General Repairs/Building Permits

Residents are advised of the following:

A General Repairs Permit is for the carrying out of works for the maintenance, improvement or other alteration of any building, being works which affect only the interior of the building or which does not materially affect the exterior appearance or use of the building. A General Repairs Permit can be issued on the spot without application as long as the work is minor and there are no structural changes taking place.

Examples include painting, driveway paving, the replacement of siding, shingles, windows/doors and decks/steps.

A Development Permit is required for any other type of development. Development means the carrying out of any building, engineering, mining or other operation in, on, over or under land, or the making of any material change in the use or the intensity of use of any land, building or premise. Residents are to apply for a permit via application before any type of development can take place due to potential requirements for municipal inspections, provincial inspections, fire and life safety inspections, etc.

Applications can be submitted via email. Payment for application/permit fees are accepted:

* via credit card over the phone
* via cheque in the mail
* via e-transfer to [email protected] (indicate in comments section that funds are for a permit and include contact information for the purpose of a receipt)

The communities of Beau Bois, Spanish Room, Jean de Baie and Rock Harbour are included within the Town’s planning boundaries and must abide by the Town’s Development Regulations and apply for the proper permits.

Any development that takes place without a permit is subject to a Stop Work Order.

Last Updated
Recent Articles
0 of 0